Verb: to make less complex or complicated; to make plainer or easier.
Noun: a house, apartment or other shelter that is the usual residence of a person or family. The place where one’s domestic affections are centered.
Verb: controlling or administering all or part of a company or similar organization. (A family or household)
The main areas we need to manage:
- Meal Planning
- Capsule Menu
- Food Related “Emergencies”
- Grocery Shopping (and other household supplies)
- Reduce decision fatigue
- Creating routines that work for you:
- Less stuff means less to clean!
- “A place for everything and everything in its place.” Benjamin Franklin
- How much can your family handle?
- Highly sensitive people/children
- Need for down time
- What does your family value?
- Meals together?
- Family night?
- Making choices
- According to your values and priorities.
- Make specific “rules” — how many activities, how many each week, etc.
- Set priorities
- Needs vs. wants
- Simplifying in other areas often provides more “wiggle” room in the budget.
I am currently facilitating in-person discussion groups about these topics. Contact me for dates, times and locations (in Central Minnesota) of these conversations.
If you don’t live in Central Minnesota, you can contact me about setting something up for you via the magic of the internet!
Check out the blog for some of my thoughts in these areas.